The IPDA is a non profit organization. It was officially formed in 2002 by a group of individuals whose main intention was to give stamp collectors confidence when buying from internet based dealers. These individuals had been meeting since 2000 and discussing the idea that if a dealer was accredited as a member of what was to become the IPDA, it was the groups expectation that this would help towards making the internet a safer place to buy and sell stamps.After 5 years of steady growth, the IPDA was incorporated as a non profit Association in the state of Florida USA, on 28th February 2007. The Association’s registered title is The Internet Philatelic Dealers Association Incorporated or The IPDA.
We are finding that by becoming a member of the Association and trading under a Code of Ethics a stamp dealer is able to establish credibility within the philatelic buying community.
Members who trade under the IPDA banner are fully committed to promoting philately on the internet, and the Association works to promote our individual members businesses. We also allow our members to display our well known logo.
Our eventual goal is to make the internet a safer and more secure place for philatelists to buy stamps.
We are finding it makes a big difference to collectors just to know that they are dealing with an honest and bonified person who trades under the IPDA Code of Ethics.
The Association keeps members informed about events and happenings which affect the philatelic industry. We cooperate with other philatelic associations and groups representing dealers and collectors over matters of interest to our members and which may affect their businesses.
If you are an internet philatelic dealer or a part time dealer selling stamps via an online auction house or philatelic portal like eBay, Delcampe or HipStamp and are interested in becoming a member please fill in our online Application Form.
Statement of Purpose
The Internet Philatelic Dealers Association inc (IPDA) was officially formed in 2002. The Founding Members agreed to the following set of purposes:
- To promote the integrity of philatelic dealers on the Internet, and encourage the hobby of stamp collecting.
- To keep members informed about events, happenings, changes of legalization and regulations which may affect the association and its members.
- On behalf of members to liaise with other philatelic bodies and groups representing stamp dealers and groups representing dealers and collectors over matters or issue of interest to the association and its members.
- To keep members informed of changes to postal rates, rules, regulations and laws including taxation laws and regulations such as VAT and GST, import and export laws and regulations and the security of mail.
- To keep members informed of new stamp issues and changes in technology of production and distribution and retail of postage stamps and other philatelic material.
- To keep members up to date on trends in the wholesale and retail of postage stamps.
- To represent the membership in supporting or opposing the introduction of new or changed international, national and /or state regulations which may materially affect the stamp dealing industry, particularly e-trading and the business activities of the associations members.
- To publicize the IPDA and its professionalism and reputation and that of its members.